Seeds of Innovation: Celebrating 30 Tech Leaders Reshaping Africa's Agriculture Through Technology
Agriculture is the backbone of the African economy, accounting for about 15% of GDP and employing about 60% of the workforce.
However, the sector faces several challenges, including low productivity, climate change, and rural poverty.
Aside from government policies, technology plays a transformative role in reshaping agriculture in Africa, offering innovative solutions to longstanding challenges and creating new opportunities for sustainable growth.
From precision farming to mobile and digital solutions, these technological innovations are spearheaded by tech leaders passionate about the continent’s agricultural ecosystem.
With innovation as their guiding star, these individuals are cultivating a transformation that will not only feed nations but also cultivate hope, opportunity, and lasting change across the continent.
Empower Africa shines a spotlight on 30 who are reshaping the future of agriculture in Africa through technology.
These personalities are the embodiment of progress, utilizing technology to transform traditional farming practices into dynamic, efficient, and sustainable endeavors.
Their efforts transcend mere innovation; they represent a movement that propels communities forward and nurtures a continent’s potential.
Let’s dive in:
- Jehiel Oliver – CEO of Hello Tractor
- Lucy Wangari – Founder, Onion Doctor
- Taita Ngetich – Founder & CEO of Synnefa
- Nana Opoku – CEO of Grow For Me
- Dickson Kahuro – Founder of OxFarmAg
- Thomas Njeru – CEO and Co-Founder at Pula
- Hazem Salaheldin Eltawab – CEO and Founder at ReNile
- Benoit De Vigne – Co-Founder of Terraa
- Nabil Ayoub – Head of Product @Agridata
- Moulay-Rachid Cherkaoui – Entrepreneur in FoodTech
- Alloysius Attah – Co-Founder & CEO Farmerline
- Aisha Raheem-Bolarinwa – Founder at Farmz2U
- Russel Luck – CEO swiftVEE
- Elisha Caleb – CEO and Founder at Agrotech Plus
- Francis A. Obirikorang – CEO and Co-Founder of AgroCenta Technologies
- Stefano Carcoforo – Co-Founder of iProcure
- Ikenna Nzewi – CEO @ Releaf
- Uka Eje – CEO, ThriveAgric
- Uzoma Bailey Ayogu – CTO at Releaf
- Eli Pollak – Founder of Apollo Agriculture
- Raphael (Kofi) Afaedor – Co-Founder & CEO @ Kyosk Digital Services
- Aboubakar Karim – CEO of Investiv Group
- Judy Njogu-Mokaya – Founder, VunaPay
- Femi Adekoya – Founder at Integrated Aerial Precision
- Susan Njihia – Board Member, Digital Agriculture Association
- Abdiwak Bekele – Co-founder and CTO of Omishtu-Joy Agtech Eng
- Olivia Aseitu Kipo – Founder of Kobaa farms
- Larbi Alaoui Belrhiti – Founder & co-CEO @ YoLa Fresh
- Deborah Ogunyemi – AgriTech Enthusiast
- Betty Mbithi – Co-Founder, Vunatec
You may also like...
Venture capitalists (VCs) are playing a critical role in supporting African tech, innovators, and entrepreneurs,