Catalysts of Progress: Celebrating 30 VC Mavericks Pioneering African Tech Investment
Africa is a continent of youthful potential and boundless innovation.
With over 1.2 billion people, over half of whom are under the age of 25, Africa is home to the world’s fastest-growing young population.
This demographic dividend presents a unique opportunity to transform the continent’s economy and lift millions out of poverty.
Technology is playing a pivotal role in driving this transformation, with African startups leveraging technology to solve some of the continent’s most pressing challenges.
Tech venture capitalists (VCs) are playing a critical role in supporting these startups.
By providing them with the funding, mentorship, and resources they need to succeed, VCs are helping to bridge the poverty gap, drive innovation, and support dreams in Africa.
At Empower Africa, we believe that Africa is a continent brimming with untapped potential waiting to be unleashed.
We are thrilled to shine a spotlight on 30 incredible individuals who share our vision.
These remarkable venture capitalists have dedicated their time, expertise, and resources to invest in African tech entrepreneurs and startups, paving the way for a brighter, more prosperous continent.
1. Ken Njoroge – Co-Founder, Cellulant
2. Maya Horgan Famodu – Founder & Partner at Ingressive Capital
3. Danladi Verheijen – CEO, Verod
4. Zachariah George – Managing Partner, Launch Africa Ventures
5. Ido Sum – Partner at TLcom Capital
6. Tokunboh Ishmael, CFA – Managing Partner at Alitheia Capital
7. Yacob Berhane – Co-founder, CEO @Pariti
8. Sewu-Steve T. – Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Jaza Rift Ventures
9. Polo Leteka – Founder and Chairman @ IDF Capital
10. Biola Alabi – General Partner, acasia
11. Dhekra KHELIFI – Partner at 216 Capital Ventures
12. Eloho Omame – Partner, TLcom Capital
13. Luke Mostert – Co-Founder, CatalyzU
14. Darshan Chandaria – Founder & Managing Partner, Chandaria Capital
15. Eunice Ajim – Founding Partner at Ajim Capital
16. Anthony William Catt – Founder & Director, Ventures 54
17. Adesuwa Okunbo Rhodes – Founding Partner, Aruwa Capital Management
18. Sam Sturm – Chief Portfolio Officer, Founders Factory
19. Yele Bademosi – Founding Partner at Microtraction
20. Eghosa Omoigui – Investor at Kbox Global
21. Mia von Koschitzky-Kimani – Managing Partner at Future Africa
22. Maryanne Ochola – Managing Director at Endeavor Kenya
23. Hannah Subayi Kamuanga – Partner at Launch Africa Ventures
24. Ben Marrel – Co-Founder & CEO @ Breega
25. Ouis Abdessadok – VC investor @ Quona Capital
26. Nneka Eze – Managing Partner @ VestedWorld
27. Fadilah Tchoumba – Secretary General at ABAN
28. Johnathan Smit – Senior Investment Associate at Knife Capital
29. Bunmi Akinyemiju – Partner at GreenHouse Capital Africa
30. Maelis Carraro – Managing Partner @ Catalyst Fund
Each of these extraordinary individuals has played a pivotal role in fostering innovation, economic growth, and positive change across the African tech landscape.
Their unwavering commitment to investing in the dreams of our continent’s brightest minds has not only empowered countless entrepreneurs but has also propelled Africa onto the global stage of innovation.
At Empower Africa, we are profoundly grateful for their dedication and relentless pursuit of a brighter future for Africa.
They serve as beacons of inspiration for us all, reminding us that the key to unlocking Africa’s immense potential lies in collaboration, innovation, and unwavering belief.